Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Value of My Time

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then how much is a thousand words worth? I know my rates, and I guarentee that they are below most others for the quality of content I provide, but does that mean I'm worth it?

Case in point: I got a job offer this weekend for CAD 3.00 / 250 words + research. They provide me with the topic and basic description needed, and I write up a summary based on my additional findings and whimsy.

Not only is this below my rate, but I also need to convert it to USD in order to, you know, actually spend it. I requested negotiation on the payment, so we'll see. Still, is that kind of an offer par for the course? Am I valued at that rate by clients even though I don't value myself that way?

This is just rambling, so feel free to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hypersmash.com