Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekly Writing in Review

Finished up "Red Rush" late yesterday and submitted that to Ray Gun Revival. Set in the 1930s, this quick story takes place on Mars and is a tribute to Ray Bradbury. Awesome site, btw. They update at least once a week with some pretty cool space opera. You should probably sign up for their newsletter so you can have those stories sent directly to your e-mail free of charge.

I also began work on "Citizen Machine and the Vampire Society." Set in the 1940s, this enigmatic adventurer has found his brain and heart trapped in a robotic body of unknown origins. He works for a former famous crimebuster you may know as Hoover, and he loves scotch and the ladies (despite his physical limitations). Not sure where to submit this once it's done, but right now I'm leaning toward Hyperpulp. It's a quartlerly mag that just got established and looks like a fun place to write for. Plus, they offer free translation into Portugese! Who can claim that?

Tomorrow I'll be swinging back through my ol' stomping grounds of Johnstown, PA to meet up with a buddy for breakfast and then drop off some material to Brandon Wilt at his comic shop, my go-to artist. He'll be using said material to design a new cover for my zombie/pirate novel. More on that as it develops.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just stumbled upon this site looking for candy made from diabetics! Very Cool! I recognize some of those doodles. Looking forward to more furious fiction writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! I dropped stuff off at the store for you today and picked up the stuff you were holding for me...I sound like a drug mule.

    ReplyDelete

www.hypersmash.com